URGENT MESSAGE TO CENTURY MILE HORSEMEN
This is a CRITICAL time for racing. To ensure the best possible chance of success for horse racing in 2020 you MUST comply with all of the recommendations from the Government of Canada, Alberta Health, HBPA of Alberta and Century Casinos. There are reports of backstretch areas in other jurisdictions being CLOSED and we want everyone to comply with the rules as the best way to save the racing season.
A reminder that if anyone tests positive for COVID-19 who did not comply with the recommendations will put the entire backstretch at risk of spreading the virus. We must all work together in an attempt to stay safe and healthy for ourselves and our fellow employees who care for our equine athletes.
1. In order to keep the backstretch open, it is requested that only people in the direct care of the horses go into the backstretch. Access will be allowed to:
- Exercise Persons
- Veterinarians or Veterinarian Assistants
- Horse Dentists
- Horse Racing Alberta or Century Mile Staff
2. Anyone returning to Canada from the United States MUST go into self-isolation for 14 days.
3. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water and use hand sanitizer.
4. Practice social distancing and maintain a safe distance from others.
5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
6. Cough into a tissue, dispose of the tissue and then wash your hands.
7. Go directly to and from work.
8. Stay home if you are feeling unwell. Go home if you begin to feel unwell.
We understand this is a challenging time, but if we work together, follow the recommendations, and keep ourselves and each other safe we will mitigate the potentially devastating consequences.